Sustainable, green, easy to use…
Goodbye Clutter! specializes in clearing the clutter for clients. If we can also de-clutter the environment, we’re even happier. Here are a few of our favourite products, services and people to help you create a greener, cleaner and more organized world.
Moving? Vancouver In The Box offers organized packing services…
- Vancouver In The box, a top notch Vancouver company that offers organized packing services, has helped many of my clients take the stress out of moving by providing a packing crew that packs an entire household in one. They pack, so you can relax.
Want to reduce car clutter on the road? Try Modo!
- Join Modo and pick up the keys to 400+ cars, trucks, vans, hybrids… Vancouver’s original car sharing cooperative and first car-share co-op in North America, Modo is keeping our roads and air cleaner. Fewer cars means less traffic clutter, plus reduces costs. Goodbye Clutter! has been a member since 2002, using Modo to take away your clutter. Join Modo with my referral code REF61NTBPZL and I’ll share chocolate with you!…
- Here’s a recent blog I wrote about Modo supporting one of my projects Volunteering With Modo.
Great local non-profits to give your clutter to:
- Advocates of zero waste, eco-fashion and the thrift movement, My Sister’s Closet enables access to beautiful new and second-hand clothing. Revenue generated helps fund violence prevention and intervention services operated by Battered Women’s Support Services. How could we not love supporting ending violence against women by donating our unused or gently used items from our closets?
- Our Social Fabric accepts fabrics and sewing notions, then has a community sale once a month for crafters and sewing keeners.
- Shoes! If you are not gasping at the thought that shoes might be clutter, donate your unwanted shoes to an annual public art installation seeking to bring awareness to the issue of violence against women – Shoe Memorial. It’s a beautiful public statement Goodbye Clutter has supported for many years.
- First United in the DTES has a sock program which supplies socks to street folks. They also are in need of jackets, hats and gloves. Declutter for a cause. Support First United to support our community.
- The Vancouver Tool Library is a relatively new fave of mine. Donate tools that then become part of the local sharing economy
Easy to use companies who help sell or reduce your clutter:
- CleanStart takes it all away! This social enterprise provides junk removal, hoarding clean up, pest control and more. Plus they are a social enterprise with a mandate to provide professional services while offering employment to people who have barriers to employment, such as poverty and disability.
- If you are clearing an estate, call Clint first to help you identify items of value. Space Lab is an antique store in Vancouver’s historic Chinatown, containing one-of-a-kind industrial antiques, hand picked by legendary Vancouver antique dealer Clint Moroz. Knowledgeable and entertaining, Clint works as a generalist, helping people find even better resources if he can’t help. Show your estate to Clint before you throw anything out.
- Are you downsizing an estate, or selling your parent’s home and contents? MaxSold may be the best option for you. They make it easy by cataloging your unwanted items, hosting your online auction, arranging pick up, and helping you make money while reducing your ‘stuff’.
- Free Geek is the best place for all your old computer equipment. Free Geek has an excellent volunteer program that helps volunteers learn to identify computer parts and furnishes computers for volunteers and non-profits.
- Need a cleaner to help you keep your home in it’s newly decluttered state? Let High Standards Cleaning do the dirty work. Their business is built on the values of: Fair Wages, Honesty Genuine Enthusiasm, Security & Privacy, Professionalism. I’ve always heard good reviews after referring them to my clients.
Watch for more news, resource tips and products recommended by Goodbye Clutter! Have something you don’t want to throw into landfill but don’t know what to do with? Ask Goodbye Clutter!
What Clients Say
I hired Elinor Warkentin of Goodbye Clutter to help clean out my parents house in Vancouver, after both passed away. There were many items of historical significance, which Elinor’s team treated carefully. The volume of items needing sorting was huge, a daunting task for myself. I could not have accomplished the process without Elinor and her staff. I found Elinor and her staff to be professional, thorough, and mindful of any sentimental items or valuables that our family wanted to keep. I highly recommend Goodbye Clutter!
– Steven, Consultant
Contact Elinor Today!
1915 Haro Street
Vancouver, BC, V6G 1H9